Overnight ramp closures from State Route 16 to southbound Interstate 5 will continue through Jan. 29 for drainage work. Contractor crews are preparing for an upcoming traffic shift and the next phase of construction that focuses on realigning the collector/distributor lane from eastbound SR 16 to southbound I-5.
During these closures, drivers will detour to the northbound I-5 collector/distributor to southbound SR 7, to East 38th Street, back to northbound SR 7 and to southbound I-5.
Drivers are reminded to reduce their speed through work zones and drive for conditions.
Overnight ramp and lane closures
- Single lane closures are scheduled all week in both directions of I-5 between South 48th Street and East L Street.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Eastbound SR 16 ramp to southbound I-5 will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- I-705, SR 7 and Pacific Avenue ramp to southbound I-5 will close from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Southbound I-5 exit to South 38th Street via exit 132A will close from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- Southbound I-5 exit to South 38th Street via exit 132A will close from 11:59 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday.
Sunday, Feb. 3
- Southbound I-5 exit to South 38th Street via exit 132A will close from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday.
Updated HOV construction information is available on Tacomatraffic.com. Before heading out the door, travelers can find the latest road conditions on the WSDOT app and by following the WSDOT regional Twitter feed.